M-Technik Paket

• Hi Raffe,

1. Might be wrong, but part number 17118666838 (link) might be an indicator. I assume that there is no distinction between the protection of the normal version and the M Technik option.

2. 18" Doppelspeiche 790M should fit, too

3. Difficult to answer. The brakes on my former F30 340i use to squeak, the brakes on my G21 m340 did not. The latter is also true for my 2Ms. Generally speaking: ceramics tend to present a higher squeaking probability. For the steel versions, I would say that it mainly depends on your driving style and the amount of time that car stands still. The less you brakes and the longer the car stands, the more they tend to squeak.

• 2. Has anyone had any issues with running 18" 796M winter setup with these brakes? I found that 796M is the only OEM 18" alloy that fits.

3. Do these bigger brakes have tendency to squeal like in proper M models? Or is it just like with regular M sport brakes?

2. 18" should fit but I recommend 19" to be on the safe side. Beside of that it's way easier to keep the surface clean on the inside.

3. Not at all. I haven't recognized any noises until now and do not remember any complaints from other owners.

If you have the opportunity to order the "M-Technik Paket" you definitely should go for it.

• Thank You straight-six

I found information on original BMW parts site that M performance brakes (374 mm disk which is the same size as M tech.) are allowed with at least 18" alloy. I guess they know what they're doing. Are there any risks with running 18" with bigger calipers?

"The M Performance aftermarket sports brake red is only allowed in conjunction with at least 18 '' alloy wheels (also in winter)."

BTW do these bigger rotors and calipers affect better stoping power or is it more for cooling purposes?

• Larger discs do require and hence come together with larger calipers. Hence I do not understand your question. If the manufacture declares 18" as min. requirement it's going to work for sure.

However I still recommend 19" as mentioned above.

I cannot refer to an official test comparison but it's pretty much obvious that larger discs and calipers will improve the braking performance and won't overheat that easy.

• straight-six My question was why you recommend 19" if 18" will fit fine? Obviously there's space between caliper and 18" alloy. Is it an aesthetics thing or are there any risks with 18" and bigger caliper?

I don't care much if it's perfectly clean on the inside surface.

• straight-six My question was why you recommend 19" if 18" will fit fine? Obviously there's space between caliper and 18" alloy. Is it an aesthetics thing or are there any risks with 18" and bigger caliper?

My main reasons for 19" are

1. You can keep the rims clean on the inside. --> Specifically during the winter time our roads are full of salt which can cause damage to the surface if you don't remove it on regular basis.

2. It will fit for sure

3. I don't want to do any downgrades during the winter season.

Problem is the space between caliper and rim is like 5 mm or so.. now when there are small stones they get stuck between this and scratch the caliper and the rims.. i had this problem with the F90, also pretty much no space and i got about 20 times stones in there and due to this had scratches on the inside of the rims and on the caliper.. BMW told me that the only way to solve the problem is to put bigger rims on it and thats it.. thats why i also put 19 Winter Rims on my 340i i had with M Technik..

• Habe ich es richtig verstanden dass bei den M340i mit M-Technik Paket der Ölkühler unter dem Fahrzeug freisteht? Wenn Ja, kann jemand eine kostengünstige Abdeckung empfehlen?

G20 M340i 07/2019 M-Technik Paket

MHD Red Adapter - Bimmercode & Bimmerlink Raum Bern (CH)