Gear knob sound

• Hello,can somebody explain what is this sound?It appears when switching from D to P and vice versa,when switching to N or R it does not appear.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Hi,tnx for Your reply.I am worried because I didn't noticed it before.Dont know is this is a problem that requires service(because it is loud during switching from D to P and vice versa) or it is normal? It appears that sound is similar when i press P from Sport(manual mode).

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• For me it also appears pretty loud. In my car you can barely hear that sound, only in a quiet environment. I'd recommend to bring it to the dealership that thay can check it.

Gruß Martin

G21 330i Touring Luxury Line 10/2019

• The Sound you hear in the cases Shawn, is not the bolt within the gearbox.
    You hear the electromechanic actuator in the gear selector lever.
    And that is too loud and sounds Not Good.

I would advise to claim that issue at your Dealer to replace the selector lever.
    This is a spare part that can be replaced seperatly.