20181210: That Weird Notch on the 2019 BMW 3 Series Is Actually a Nod to the Iconic E46

• That Weird Notch on the 2019 BMW 3 Series Is Actually a Nod to the Iconic E46

„The world fell to silence on October 2 when BMW revealed the first awkward press photos of the seventh-generation 2019 BMW 3 Series. Why did the back end look like a Lexus? Why does the front have a weird notch in the headlights? Has BMW lost its mind? Well, no, it’s just the Germans trying to be cute.

At the global first drive event for the new 3 Series in Portugal last week, BMW offered a brief design presentation to explain the inspiration for the new body style of the G20 3 Series—a design which really grows on you after a couple of days seeing it in person, by the way.

In that presentation, the audience of bored faces all awoke at the mention of the new car’s headlight notch being inspired by everybody’s first or second favorite 3 Series, the E46.

Evidently, the (...)“

Quelle:
    https://jalopnik.com/the-weird…-3-series-is-a-1830985776

Wir diskutieren dort:
    BMW 3er G20 - Fotos der LED- und Laser- Scheinwerfer und Rückleuchten

BMW 316i E30 - BMW 318i touring E36 - BMW 320i E46 - BMW 330i touring E91 - aktuell: MINI F56.